High School Qualifications
Distance learning (studying at home) is a very effective way of obtaining your High School qualification.
Below is a guide to studying the INTEC way:
- Select your course of study. Make sure that you meet the entrance requirements for this course. Feel free to contact a Student Consultant, who will answer any queries you might have. Complete the enrolment form and return it to us as soon as possible!
- After we have received your enrolment form and other necessary documentation, and if you meet the entrance requirements and the required payment has been made, your study material and textbooks will be sent to you.
- Prescribed textbooks and additional study aids for all National Senior Certificate subjects are not included in the course. Learners will have to source and purchase these fromm external suppliers and publishers i.e www.kalahari.com/schoolshop
- Read your textbooks carefully. They will help you develop the skills that you need to be a successful student.
- Your assessment tasks will be marked by your tutor. The graded assessment tasks with comments will be sent back to you. During this time, you will be working on your next assessment task, continuing the study cycle.
- Submit your assessment tasks for marking by the dates prescribed by the College.
- Feel free to contact INTECís Call Centre (0860 31 31 31) should you require any assistance, or have any questions for a tutor. Tutors are there to give you valuable feedback in order to help you improve your results.
- Be sure to register for your examinations before the registration closing date.
INTEC College offers you a welcome pack to get you started, including a year planner and important information about your course.
Making the right choices:
National Senior Certificate
The National Senior Certificate (NSC) is a 3 year programme that consists of Grade 10, 11 and 12. This means that each Grade has to be completed and passed separately. A National Senior Certificate will be awarded to you after successful completion of the National Senior Certificate Grade 12 examinations. The final examinations in Grade 12 will be administered by the Department of Basic Education (DBE). The National Senior Certificate is awarded by Umalusi. (The National Senior Certificate is the minimum requirement for entrance to higher education.)
The National Senior Certificate curriculum is designed for learners residing in South Africa. All face-to-face assessments will ONLY be conducted in South Africa by designated NSC educators in his/her subject of expertise.
Minimum Higher Education Admission Requirements
Click here to view
These examinations are administered by the Department of Basic Education, and the Certificate is awarded by UMALUSI. The Matriculation Board regulates admission to the majority of public universities. The Board is also responsible for administering the matriculation endorsement and exemption requirements in accordance with regulations. Admission to some Higher Certificate and Diploma programmes offered by some universities of technology and other institutions is determined by the individual institution.
The Matriculation Board or the institution of your choice will determine whether you fulfil the requirements for tertiary education. It is your responsibility to enquire from the relevant body whether you meet the entrance requirements.
Complete the form below to find out more